While Windows Update is a good way to ensure that you get the most recent fixes and features, it also tends to cause new problems for the vast majority of users. It can deliver the (kb4023057) – error 0x80070643, prohibiting the most current update in the PCs.
Error 0x80070643 When installing the November 2018 Update for Windows 10 on X64-Based Systems (KB4023057).
Method 1. Use a Media-Making Application to Ensure that you have the Most Recent Version.
Repeatedly getting this error message? Get the media creation tool from Microsoft’s official website and instal it. The Media Creation Tool enables you to adopt a no-hard-drive or USB installation process.
Method 2. Deleting Corrupted Files using Commands
Error 0x80070643 in KB4023057 could be helpful for deleting corrupted files using command line. Snap Windows Key + X to open the Command Prompt (CMD).
Put each command in one by one:
- Stop the net, wuauserv
- When using the command “net stop cryptSvc,”
- halt bits net
- stop msiserver using net
- Rennie WindowsSystem32
- SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- C:WindowsSystem32catroot2catroot2.old ren
- wuauserv net start
- launch the cryptSvc service on the net
- A Net Beginning Number of Pieces
- Start the MSI Server with the Command: net start msiserver
Method 3: Delete the KB4023057 Update and Reinstall it
- First, head to Settings > Apps and Features by clicking the Start button.
- Second, locate the KB4023057 update and delete it.
- Third, tap Start, and then tap Update and Security under System Preferences.
- After removing the KB4023057 update, proceed to Step 4. Tap Retry Updates.
Method 4: System Restore
When attempting an installation and receiving the “windows installer service could not be accessible” problem, restarting the windows installer service is the solution. In a matter of minutes, you can get it going again by following these instructions.
- First, select “Windows” from the left side of the taskbar and right-click.
- you’ll need to launch Run and enter “services.msc.”
- Third, click the “Windows Installer” button. The services can be restarted by clicking the “Restart” button on the left afterward.
- The fourth step is to restart your computer and then try updating Windows again to see if the Windows 10 problem 0x80070643 has been resolved.
Method 5: Command Dism.exe
- exe is an executable file used from the command line to manage Windows images.
- Second, open a command prompt by clicking Search in the taskbar.
- Third, launch an elevated Command Prompt session as an admin.
- Fourth, enter the preceding command: dism.exe/online/cleanup-picture/restorehealth.
- Please be patient as the computer completes this task.
Error 0x80070643 has been plaguing users since installing the November 2018 update for Windows 10 on x64-based devices (kb4023057), so we’ve compiled the best methods for fixing it.
Each of these methods should successfully upgrade your Windows computer, but we have faith that you’ll find one that works best for you.
If you lose any files or data at any point, Tenorshare 4DDiG will have your back. Such data recovery tools like Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery Software can streamline your processes and return your data to you quickly and easily.